Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Roberto Carlos sets sights on Brazil job

Monday 13 April 2015

Roberto Carlos sets sights on Brazil job

Roberto Carlos sets sights on Brazil job
The former Real Madrid star is keen to coach his country and says that he has found his career on the bench "easy"

Former Brazil star Roberto Carlos has set his sights on coaching the national team once he has established himself as a manager.

The 42-year-old represented his country between 1992 and 2006, winning one World Cup and two Copa Americas.

Following his retirement from playing in 2012, he has held roles at Turkish clubs Sivasspor and Akhisar Belediyespor but has set himself lofty ambitions for the future.

"My objective is to coach the national team," he told Folha de Sao Paulo.

"I know I have a long way to go yet and for that reason I won't put a timeframe on how long it will take."
Roberto Carlos was blamed for his side's exit from the 2006 World Cup but insists he would have no problem returning to the Selecao fold.

"I don't hold any resentment. Everything I experienced in the national team was amazing. I was there for 14 years and won several titles: the Copa America, Confederations Cup and the World Cup.

"I have a lot of affection for the team and I'm enthusiastic to return."

The former Inter and Real Madrid man also claimed that he had been preparing for a career on the bench when he was a player and has found coaching simple.

"It's very easy. I was well prepared by playing football and living under pressure. I spent my career at big clubs.

"I've learned something from all the coaches I've worked with: [Mario] Zagallo, [Carlos Alberto] Parreira, [Vicente] Del Bosque, [Fabio] Capello, [Luiz Felipe] Scolari and Roy Hodgson."

No comments:

Post a Comment