Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: I've not signed a deal with anyone, insists Dani Alves

Monday 13 April 2015

I've not signed a deal with anyone, insists Dani Alves

I've not signed a deal with anyone, insists Dani Alves
The Brazilian maintains his sole focus is on Barcelona's silverware pursuit and believes PSG will find it tough without Zlatan Ibrahimovic this week

Dani Alves has insisted he has not signed a pre-contract agreement with any other club and is solely focused on Barcelona this season.

The Brazilian's agent revealed last week that the club's latest contract offer was "unsatisfactory" and Barca have already identified their main candidate to replace him.

However, the former Sevilla man is adamant he has not agreed to join any other club and is determined to enjoy a successful season at Camp Nou.

"I am very happy at Barcelona and I have not signed with anyone," he told BeIn Sports.

"In life, you have to be thankful. Barca are a club that changed my life, made me realise all my dreams. I'll get to the end of my contract with the same ambition as when I came here.

"If the club asks me to look for another alternative, then I'll look at the other options. But for now, this is not the case. I stay focused on the end of the season because I'm still a competitor. A decision will be made at the end of the season."

French champions Paris Saint-Germain have emerged as one of the favourites to sign Dani Alves this summer and will take on Barca in the Champions League quarter-final this week.

The defender is relishing the prospect of taking on Laurent Blanc's side and feels they have the advantage given the suspension of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marco Verratti, as well as a handful of injury problems.

"Football has brought us together again. Now, we have to do our best possible and play two perfect matches," he said. "It'll be great, because they have players of an international level.

"It is true that they have important absences and that these are players who they will miss, especially in midfield. And there's also Ibra. These are heavy losses."

No comments:

Post a Comment