Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Robinho: I didn't know about my Manchester City move until the last minute

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Robinho: I didn't know about my Manchester City move until the last minute

Robinho: I didn't know about my Manchester City move until the last minute
The 31-year-old moved to the Premier League in a £32.5 million deal in 2008 but admits that he was unsure which team he was going to play for prior to his transfer

Former Manchester City forward Robinho admits he didn’t know he was joining the club until the “very last minute”.

The 31-year-old arrived from Real Madrid in £32.5 million deal on deadline day in 2008 but had also been linked with a switch to Chelsea, who were then managed by former Brazil boss Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Robinho spent only 16 months at City before returning to Santos on loan but insists he valued his time in the Premier League.

"I remember that there was big expectation," Robinho told City’s official website.

"I knew I was going to play in England but I didn't know for which team and I was very happy when I found that I had the opportunity to play for Manchester City.

"It was on the very last minute but with me it has always been like that.

"It was really important, a team that opened doors for me. It was a big transfer. At that time City didn't have many big players in their team but it is a club that have a lot of love and respect."

No comments:

Post a Comment