Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Ozil rules out Bundesliga return: I'm really happy at Arsenal

Thursday 19 March 2015

Ozil rules out Bundesliga return: I'm really happy at Arsenal

Ozil rules out Bundesliga return: I'm really happy at Arsenal
The 26-year-old midfielder says that he has no plans to return to his native Germany, explaining that he is striving to improve his performances under Arsene Wenger

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has revealed that he has no plans to return to the Bundesliga, insisting that he is happy at the Emirates.

The 26-year-old had been linked with a move to Bayern Munich at the start of the season after being criticised for a lack of impact during his debut season in the Premier League following his 2013 move from Liga outfit Real Madrid.

But Ozil maintains he has no plans to return to Germany and is enjoying playing in the “strongest league in the world”.

“A return to Germany is not an option for me right now. I am really happy at Arsenal and I want this to continue,“ Ozil told Express.

“I played in the Bundesliga and at Real Madrid. But the English Premier League is the strongest league in the world. Opponents never give up.

"Even if we're 3-0 in front with Arsenal, the players never give up and fight until the very last second. You can only succeed here when you're on top level physically.“

Ozil has also hit back at critics who have questioned his discipline and insists he his striving to improve his performances under Arsene Wenger.

"I don't need to prove them anything. But it is correct that I have to work harder to reach my goals,” said the midfielder.

“That's why I'm working as hard as I never worked before in my life. My body is more stable and I feel fresher. You need that in England."

No comments:

Post a Comment