Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Burdisso: I could leave Roma to win World Cup place

Thursday 28 November 2013

Burdisso: I could leave Roma to win World Cup place

Burdisso: I could leave Roma to win World Cup place
The Argentine has been on the fringes of Rudi Garcia's team this term and is intent on winning back his place in the Albiceleste set-up before the summer

Nicolas Burdisso has revealed that he could leave Roma in order to boost his hopes of representing Argentina at the 2014 World Cup.

The former Inter man has made just three Serie A appearances for the capital club this term and has not represented his country for over two years.

However, the 32-year-old is intent on winning back his place in Alejandro Sabella's squad, even if it involves a move away from the Stadio Olimpico.

"I will do all I can to be part of the World Cup squad," he is quoted as saying by the Corriere dello Sport. "If necessary, I'll even think about leaving Roma. I'll decide after Christmas.

"But I'm very attached to this club and city. I have a role at Roma and the amount of games I play is not the only thing that matters, even if I want to return to the Argentina side.

"Roma are doing very well this term, things are working and it’s all very positive. I’ve been feeling in good shape since the summer and I just need to be patient."

No comments:

Post a Comment