Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Anderson desperate to prove himself at Manchester United

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Anderson desperate to prove himself at Manchester United

Anderson desperate to prove himself at Manchester United
The former Porto man has struggled to establish himself at Old Trafford but is keen to make the most of his improved fitness levels and win the trust of David Moyes

Manchester United midfielder Anderson hopes to make the most of his improved fitness levels and establish himself under David Moyes this season.

With a history of injuries since his 2007 arrival at Old Trafford, the 25-year-old has struggled to nail down a place in the first team but, after coming off the bench in the Red Devils' opening-day win over Swansea City, is keen to get as involved as possible in 2013-14.

"I just want to play as many games as I can. I just hope I can stay clear of injuries," Anderson told Inside United.





"I've been training hard on the training pitch and in the gym and working on my conditioning. I am pleased with how things are going and, whenever the manager needs me, I will be ready.

"I have been doing more running, which has helped my fitness. The physios in Portugal have helped me a lot, as have all the coaches at United. I have also been working hard myself. I have built up the strength in my knee, worked hard in training.

"I have been eating well and sleeping well, while I have also been coming into training on my days off to do more work. It has really helped me and I feel great.

"I think it's a big season for me," he added, "for everyone. However, I don't want to say that and then pick up another injury. I have often started seasons well, played six or seven games and then got injured.

"I'll tell you at the end of the season if it's been a big season for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment