Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Henry hints at Arsenal return

Friday 28 November 2014

Henry hints at Arsenal return

Henry hints at Arsenal return
The 37-year-old, who is rumoured to be considering ending his playing career, says he would like to see the Gunners win the Champions League, be it helping directly or as a fan

Thierry Henry has hinted at a future role at Arsenal following his retirement from playing, adding that he wants to see them win the Champions League.

The striker is rumoured to be considering ending his playing days with his contract at New York Red Bulls close to expiry, with Arsene Wenger recently revealing the Gunners' all-time top scorer could return as a coach .

The Arsenal manager insists any role would not be for show and, while he insists he has not decided on his future plans, Henry is keen to see the club win the Champions League - be it directly helping or as a fan.

"Nothing is clear," he told L'Equipe . "I have not taken any decision or speculated, it's not my thing.

"One thing is certain: I will stay in football, to coach, to be a consultant... we'll see. The second certainty is that I would like to see Arsenal win the Champions League.

"Whether from near or far, it does not depend on me, but I'd sure like to help. Because this is my club and, as a player, I have not been able to give them the Champions League."

No comments:

Post a Comment