Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Suarez: I'm 100% ready for Barcelona debut in Clasico

Friday 17 October 2014

Suarez: I'm 100% ready for Barcelona debut in Clasico

Suarez: I'm 100% ready for Barcelona debut in Clasico
The striker has been on the Camp Nou sidelines since his summer transfer to Spain due to a four-month biting ban, but he says he is fit to appear at the Santiago Bernabeu

Luis Suarez has declared himself "100 per cent ready" to make his Barcelona debut against Real Madrid in the Clasicoon October 25.

The Uruguayan has been on the sidelines since his £70 million move from Liverpool to Camp Nou due to his four-month competitive football ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

But he is allowed to make his official debut for Luis Enrique's men in the showdown between the Spanish giants later this month, which comes after a Liga clash with Elche and Champions League tie against Ajax.

Suarez, who played in friendlies for Uruguay in the current international break, stressed his lack of match action has not affected his fitness and his adaptation to his new team-mates.

"To start with Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu would be very special," the 27-year-old told reporters at the presentation of the 2013-14 Golden Shoe award he shares with Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Before these games with Uruguay I was not able to play, but now I feel really good physically, better than I had expected. I'm 100 per cent ready.

"Adapting to Barca is not a problem, I just want to get out on the pitch and have fun. I'm at a club I always wanted to be at, I'll try to do the same in front of goal that I did for Liverpool, to do what the coach asks and score important goals."

Suarez, who scored 31 goals last season, added that it feels great to be honoured with the Golden Shoe alongside Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo, whom is now a major rival since he left Anfield for Camp Nou.

"On a personal level it is always welcome to get awards like this but you do not get anywhere without all of one's team's effort every day," the striker added.

"I am proud to share prizes with important players [like Ronaldo] on a global scale."

No comments:

Post a Comment