Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: James: I'm no Ronaldo who scores 60 goals a year

Wednesday 29 October 2014

James: I'm no Ronaldo who scores 60 goals a year

James: I'm no Ronaldo who scores 60 goals a year
The midfielder has stressed he still has room for improvement, but added he will never be the type of player to find the back of the net with the Portuguese's regularity

Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez has warned that people shouldn't expect him to score "60 goals per season" like Cristiano Ronaldo.

The 23-year-old impressed at the 2014 World Cup as he netted six goals in five games to scoop up the Golden Shoe, but he has insisted that he is not a natural goalscorer like his Portuguese team-mate.

"I knew that I had to adapt to Real Madrid, but I also knew that I could still improve and raise my game," the Colombia international told Cadena Ser.

"I am not a goalscorer, though. Of course, I like to score goals, but I'm no Cristiano Ronaldo who scores 60 goals per season.

"Cristiano is the best player in the world for me. He's a goalscoring machine and a true superstar. What stands out most, however, is that he is a great person as well."

James' arrival eventually saw Angel Di Maria decide to leave the club for Manchester United, but the ex-Monaco star does not feel any extra pressure to replace the man who played a key role in Madrid's Champions League win in 2013-14.

"No, I don't feel any sort of pressure. Angel is a great player and I have a lot of respect for what he achieved here. But I think I can achieve some great things at Madrid as well."

The Colombia midfielder then went on to praise Isco, who shone in the wins over Liverpool and Real Madrid in Gareth Bale's absence, with James admitting his team-mate is a lot better than he thought.

"All the players at Madrid have a lot of quality, but the one who has surprised me the most is Isco. I really like his style of play."

No comments:

Post a Comment