Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Chelsea keeper Cech: I don't want to be on the bench

Friday 25 July 2014

Chelsea keeper Cech: I don't want to be on the bench

http://static.goal.com/431500/431576_heroa.jpg
The Czech is well aware that his position as the Blues' undisputed No.1 is now under threat and is therefore determined to impress boss Jose Mourinho

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is determined to hold off Thibaut Courtois and avoid dropping out of the team.

The 32-year-old has been the Blues' No.1 keeper since arriving from Rennes in 2004 but his position at the club is in doubt following the Belgian's return from three seasons on loan with Atletico Madrid in La Liga.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has previously claimed that he will not sell either keeper, regardless of the pair's happiness at the club, and the Czech star is keen to secure his immediate future.

"I don't want to be on the bench," he told reporters after featuring in the 1-1 pre-season draw with Wolfsberger in Austria on Wednesday. "This is why I am trying to do everything to be in the team.

"I don't want to talk about ifs and buts. Let's see how I am going and what happens.

"You know I always give my best and obviously that is all I can do. I will do my best and do everything I can do to be as ready as possible for when the season starts.

"Obviously Jose Mourinho will make his choice and decide how his team is going to look for the first game, second game, third game, whatever game.

"It is up to us players to show we are ready to play and make him pick us. I am not any different. I am doing everything I can to make him pick me."

No comments:

Post a Comment