Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Callejon: No regrets over Madrid exit

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Callejon: No regrets over Madrid exit

Callejon: No regrets over Madrid exit
The versatile attacker has stressed that he is happy with life at the Serie A outfit and is pleased with his decision to move on

Jose Callejon has admitted leaving Real Madrid last summer was a tough decision, but insists he has no regrets as he nears the end of his first season with Napoli.

The 27-year-old made the switch to the Stadio San Paolo side in a reported €10million deal after failing to become a regular starter at the Bernabeu and Callejon has responded with a return of 12 goals in 32 Serie A appearances for Rafael Benitez's men in what has been an impressive debut campaign.

The former Espanyol man concedes he found it difficult to depart a club of Real's stature, but stated a desire for first-team football made it a necessity to leave.

"I left Real Madrid in order to find greater consistency to my performance, in order to play more and to make a change in my career," he told Corriere dello Sport.

"It had not been easy, Madrid are a club it is hard to leave, but at some point my love for football prevailed and I went to Napoli.

"Benitez described the project and spoke of this club. I had some offers, but I was convinced by everything. Now I can confirm that I wasn't wrong.

"In Madrid, football is important, you live with this enormous pressure. But here it has the same worth as religion.
"I feel good here and I feel the support of the people. I hope to go as far as possible with Napoli."

No comments:

Post a Comment