Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Ibrahimovic: Champions League 'would mean a lot'

Friday 14 February 2014

Ibrahimovic: Champions League 'would mean a lot'

Ibrahimovic: Champions League 'would mean a lot'
The Swedish attacker has never won Europe's biggest crown but would accept a place in the semi-finals this term with Paris Saint-Germain

Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has reiterated his desire to win the Champions League title before he retires.

The 32-year-old has represented the likes of Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona and AC Milan over the course of his career, but has never lifted Europe's top trophy.

He remains hopeful that he will pick up a winner's medal before he hangs up his boots, but acknowledges that a semi-final spot would be significant progress for Laurent Blanc's side.

"I think it would mean a lot," he told Uefa's official site.

"If we can get further than the quarter-finals this year it would be a big step for us. This project has been ongoing for two years and I've been here for one and a half – it is developing.

"We have a team with a lot of potential and high quality and I think the collective part has grown a lot this year."

Ibrahimovic marked his debut in the competition with two goals for Ajax in a 2-1 win over Olympique Lyonnais and he remembers his first Champions League game fondly.

"I was very happy. From my first game in the Champions League I remember the song and at Ajax, all the flags were waving around the stadium.

"I remember after the first goal I went totally crazy. I ran across the whole field to my friends on the other side. I had invited some friends over to see the game, so it was a special moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment