Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Valero: Serie A more even than La Liga

Sunday 29 December 2013

Valero: Serie A more even than La Liga

Valero: Serie A more even than La Liga
The Spanish midfielder is enjoying the fact that there is a greater "balance" in Italy in terms of quality, while he is also full of praise for Viola boss Vincenzo Montella

Borja Valero says he is loving life at Fiorentina because Serie A has a more even playing field than La Liga.

The midfield ace swapped Villarreal for the Viola in the summer of 2012 and insists that he does not regret his decision at all, primarily because he feels he is now plying his trade in a more competitive championship.

"Juventus, Roma and Napoli are stronger than us, but there is, however, more balance than in the Spanish League," Valero told the Corriere della Sera.

Valero also admitted, though, that there were a couple of other contributing factors in his decision to move to the Artemio Franchi, including coach Vincenzo Montella.

"The city of Florence is perfect for my family. When I chose Fiorentina, I thought also of this," the 28-year-old explained.

"Florence is a perfect place for me. When I was about to sign with the Viola, some of my friends told me that I wouldn't be happy, but now I am very content with the choice I made.

"With Montella, who always wants me to be on the ball, I have also been very happy."

Indeed, Valero is now hoping to help Fiorentina realise their twin goals for the 2013-14 season.

"We are motivated to achieve the goal of qualifying for the Champions League, but we also want to give a lot of attention to the Europa League," he stated.

"Certainly, our directors have improved the team in the right way and [striker Mario] Gomez we will definitely give us greater strength when he returns [from injury]."

Fiorentina are currently fourth in Serie A, just three points behind third-placed Napoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment