Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Maradona asks De Laurentiis for birthday gift

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Maradona asks De Laurentiis for birthday gift

Maradona asks De Laurentiis for birthday gift


The Argentine great has told the club's president that the perfect gift would be to see his former club enjoy a new era of success

Napoli legend Diego Maradona has sent Aurelio De Laurentiis a message saying his birthday wish is for the club to have more success.

The Argentine, who is regarded as Partenopei's greatest-ever player after his spell in Naples between 1984 and 1992 - in which he won two Serie A titles and the Uefa Cup -  turns 53 today and took to his Facebook page to send a message to the Partenopei president.

"Dear President De Laurentiis," it began.

"Thank you for my beautiful birthday message. I hope to embrace Naples as soon as I can, and if I could ask for a gift it would be to bring many more successes to Napoli. The fans all over the world deserve it. It would bring me and the Neopolitans great joy and would bring great pride to the blue flag.

"Good luck to all of my friends currently playing for Napoli and fighting like lions. Thanks again president, remember that the history of Naples will also be important and, as I mentioned, please bring back the success I had when I played for the club. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment