Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Chelsea can beat anyone, says Mata

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Chelsea can beat anyone, says Mata

Chelsea can beat anyone, says Mata


The 25-year-old has featured sparingly for the west London outfit, but says he he loves playing for the club and will continue to give his all

Juan Mata believes that Chelsea have proven they can beat anybody this season on the back of knocking Arsenal out of the Capital One Cup.

Jose Mourinho's men recorded back-to-back wins over Manchester City and the Gunners in the past week and Mata thinks that the victories prove their title credentials.

"It was a very important week for us," he added. "Beating Manchester City and Arsenal proves we are ready to play any team and maybe beat them. But it’s too early to talk about titles."

The Spain international has been encouraged to adapt to the Blues' new style by Mourinho, starting just four of the west Londoners' nine Premier League fixtures - and is yet to complete 90 minutes.

But Mata, who scored a stunning goal in Tuesday's 2-0 Capital One Cup win over Arsenal, says he is not fazed by the lack of game time, acknowledging the need to rotate the squad, and is still enjoying his time at the club.

"I am happy at Chelsea," he told TalkSPORT. "I have always felt the support of the fans - in every game, on the street - I have felt the love from them. I try to play for them, score for them and make them happy. We have great support.

"I want to play as much as I can, but if you want to win titles you need 24-25 players ready to play. Anyone can play any game.

"I always train my best and try to do my job the best I can. I have to be ready to play at my best at any time and that’s what I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment