Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Prandelli hints at Italy exit

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Prandelli hints at Italy exit

Prandelli hints at Italy exit
The 56-year-old says he is unsure whether he will still be in charge after the 2014 World Cup, admitted that he misses working with a club

Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli has again hinted that he may leave his role after the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The 56-year-old has been in charge of the Azzurri since 2010, leading them to the Euro 2012 final and ensuring their passage to next summer's tournament.

It has been heavily rumoured that he will seek pastures new once the tournament is over and he has now admitted that he misses working with a club.

“I will make an official announcement on my future when the time is right,” Prandelli told Sette.
“I won’t say yet whether I will continue to boss the national side or if I will move to a club side. But I will confirm that I miss working on a daily basis.”

Italy qualified for next summer's showcase event on Tuesday, overturning a 1-0 deficit to beat Czech Republic 2-1, thanks to goals from Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Balotelli.

Prandelli has coached Parma, Roma and Fiorentina previously, among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment