Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Soldado dreaming of Brazil-Spain final

Saturday 22 June 2013

Soldado dreaming of Brazil-Spain final

Soldado dreaming of Brazil-Spain final
The Roja striker wants to keep working hard and help his side reach the Confederations Cup final at the Maracana to fulfil a childhood dream

Spain striker Roberto Soldado says he is eager to face hosts Brazil in the Confederations Cup final at the Maracana.

The Roja have won both of their games to date, edging out Uruguay 2-1 before thrashing Tahiti 10-0 and the Valencia skipper is already thinking of the tournament's showpiece.

"A cool thing would be facing Brazil in the final," he told Marca.

"I think we all dream of experiencing that moment on the Maracana pitch when you are a child.

"We have not done anything yet in this tournament. We have to work hard to work hard to reach the final."

After playing Euro 2012 with midfielder Cesc Fabregas filling in up front, Spain have been using an orthodox striker in Brazil.

Soldado started their first game against Brazil, opening the scoring early on, with David Villa and Fernando Torres playing the first game against Tahiti and the 28-year-old is delighted at the tactical switch.

"The debate is difficult to forget. I'm sure that we'll return to playing as a false No.9 because it has worked," he continued.

"Last year I had the misfortune of staying at home. Now I've have the chance to experience the national team from within, to start in the first game and enjoy it.

"I'm calm and eager to continue doing well. I always want to show what I've got in me. It's what I do at Valencia and what I try to do with the national team. I hope more goals will come."

No comments:

Post a Comment