Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Zanetti: Don't blame us for Stramaccioni's sacking

Friday 31 May 2013

Zanetti: Don't blame us for Stramaccioni's sacking

Javier Zanetti insists he had nothing to do with Andrea Stramaccioni's dismissal
The legendary Argentine insists he Esteban Cambiasso did not influence the departure of the Nerazzurri coach and believes president Massimo Moratti will not sell the club

Inter legend Javier Zanetti has denied that he and long-term club and international team-mate Esteban Cambiasso played a part in the dismissal of coach Andrea Stramaccioni.

The 39-year-old Nerazzurri icon says he always had a good relationship with his former coach, who was sacked from his post at Giuseppe Meazza last week following a dismal Serie A campaign.

"Cambiasso and I were not behind the exit of Stramaccioni," Zanetti told reporters at an event held at his Milan restaurant.
"My relationship with the coach has always been honest and sincere. After my operation he came to visit me in the hospital and told me how important I am to the team. He also came to the party for 10 years of my restaurant," he added.

Zanetti also spoke about the future of Inter president Massimo Morrati, who has been rumoured to sell the club at the end of the current campaign, affirming his belief that the 68-year-old will remain at the 2010 European champions beyond the summer.

"I know all about the passion of the president and his family for Inter. Do I think he will sell? I do not know 100 per cent, but I find it difficult to see Moratti selling," Zanetti added.

Zanetti has made over 900 performances for Inter since joining the club in 1995. He is also Argentina's record appearance-maker, having won 145 caps to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment