Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Van Gaal to quit Netherlands after World Cup

Friday 31 May 2013

Van Gaal to quit Netherlands after World Cup

Louis van Gaal confirms he will step down after the World Cup
The 61-year-old has confirmed he will stand down from his role with the Oranje after the showpiece event in Brazil next summer and is plotting a move to England

Netherlands head coach Louis van Gaal says he will quit his job after the 2014 World Cup next summer, a year after taking charge of the national side for a second time.

The 61-year-old had previously suggested he could retire following the showpiece event in Brazil, but has now hinted at a possible move to the Premier League once he stands down from the Oranje.

"It's never irreversable. If a nice Premier League club were to knock on my door, I would reconsider [my decision to retire]," he told reporters.

"If that would be the case, I would consult my wife about it.

"With the Dutch team the World Cup is my ambition. I never accomplished that. I'm counting on it to happen this time and after that I will certainly retire as a national team coach."

When discussing his current position, Van Gaal revealed his frustration at not being able to spend the same amount of time working with his squad as a club coach would enjoy.

"I have to lend those players from other coaches. I don't like that very much. I would rather be with them on the field every day," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment