Follow @dailyspotnews Instagram Sport News: Manchester City set to confirm Pellegrini appointment

Friday 31 May 2013

Manchester City set to confirm Pellegrini appointment

Manchester City "very close" to announcing new manager
The Premier League runners-up are "very close" to announcing their new manager, according to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak, and will be active in the summer transfer window







Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak expects to appoint the club's new manager within the next two weeks.

Dailyspotsnews understands Manuel Pellegrini will succeed Roberto Mancini at the Etihad Stadium after the 59-year-old claimed earlier this week that he already has a verbal agreement with the club, and City hope to have their man in place imminently.

"We’re pretty much done," Al Mubarak told the club's official website.

"We’re very close. I expect to make an appointment probably in the next two weeks."

The new manager can expect a healthy transfer kitty, with the City chief assuring fans that the club will be looking to strengthen the squad during the summer.

"Absolutely [we will buy players]," Al Mubarak continued.

"This is going to be a very important year for us. We’ve made some important management decisions. We will have a new manager on board in about two weeks.

"That manager, day one, has a responsibility to prepare a team for next season. A team that will be able to compete, to win every competition we’re involved in.

"There’s no doubt the team has to be constantly improved and this year is the same. This year we need to improve the team. The manager will have to make these decisions and I can assure you we will support him."

Pellegrini takes charge of his final game as Malaga boss on Saturday as the club take on Barcelona at Camp Nou, and the Chilean confirmed in his pre-match press conference that he will announce his decision regarding his future on Monday.

“On my future I will speak next week. On the Monday I will announce where,” Pellegrini told reporters on Friday.

“Tomorrow I finish my contract with Malaga and from Monday I will talk about my future.

“What do I take from Malaga? It has been very special, I didn’t come here just for a holiday, I came with the ambition to stay for many years.

“I have not been able to continue. Today my desire to run a sporting project that is important and ambitious has taken me away from Malaga.”

No comments:

Post a Comment